Friday, November 17, 2017

Mad Scientists Portraits (Arts Integration)

 As we had been working on portraits and chalk techniques I ran across this lesson and decided to give it a whirl! What do you know about STEAM? It is a buzz word for sure, but i think there is a reason for this! STEAM is an educational movement that engages students in integrated learning as they explore the world around them, create innovative solutions to problems, and communicate their results while learning Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. STEAM is more than the individual subjects. It is the intentional integration of core content with art inspiring all students to think deeply, develop creative solutions, and aspire to a greater future.
Why should we combine Science and Art?
Blogs and resources that have lessons on Art and Science (STEAM):










Great lesson with lots of opportunities! The Teachers Pay Teachers packet was a huge hit with tons of details. I actually left this lesson as a sub and I finished them up once I returned to campus! ALL students were so very successful. Thanks, Claudia for the resources! Loved them...
Thought this would be a flashback song to tie into the lesson =)

2 comments:

  1. Why are they all old men? Women can be scientists too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marica, I know right! I had examples of women and men and I got ALL men. Crazy how that works some times! I wonder if I did it on the next wheel session what I would get men and women?!?!!? Ha! If I teach it again, I will keep ya posted. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete